Street Activities Extension Permit application

Check if you are eligible to apply

Businesses are eligible if they:  
  • Operate a business premises located in Maroondah City Council and hold a valid Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic) and/or a relevant Liquor License.  
You should contact us to check eligibility if:
  • your business is on a major arterial road; or
  • you wish to occupy a carpark on a road which has a speed limit of more than 60kmh. Contact our Traffic Engineering Team on 1300 88 22 33 and they can advise if you can extend your trading area in these circumstances.
To submit an application you must be able to upload: 
  • Public Liability Insurance (Certificate of Currency) showing a current expiry date, providing a minimum indemnity of $20million. Note: a tax invoice will not be accepted.
  • A Risk assessment plan. A template is available on Council’s website.
  • A sketch plan clearly showing the preferred location of items, noting any existing permanent fixtures. 
  • Letter(s) of support from neighbouring businesses (extension permit only). A template is available on Council’s website.
  • A red line plan (if applying to serve liquor).